Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holy Cow.

I just came back yesterday evening from my AYPEE expedition.

What is AYP?
The Hong Kong Award for Young People (HKAYP), formerly called The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, is a member of The International Award Association. The HKAYP, with its unique international principles, cultivates young people with perseverance and the spirit of self-challenge.

I'm doing Bronze AYP, which is like the lowest and easiest cos it's the first one, cos there's Silver and Gold.

So basically, it's like camping and trekking and stuff. But I have to do community service, a sport, and a skill and stuff like that.

I just came back frm my 2D1N thing frm Chi Ma Wan, somewhere in China. It was a practice expedition so it's probably gonna be the easiest thing I ever do cos this time, I didn't have to camp. We stayed at this stinky youth hostel and the weather was like 2 freaking degrees.

I cooked my own food! Well, sort of. We only start our trek the next day in the morning. And we had to plan our own route so basically, we have no idea where we're going, just a map, and a compass and a route plan. So happens my group, gosh, we decided to go up contours. Meaning climbing up the freaking mountain. I swear to god, i was gonna kill myself. It was upppppp, and then dowwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn, and up and down and up and down.

All together : around 15k. All the other groups chose the flat ground which was smart but whatever. OH and i had to lug around my 30 litre backpack which was huge. Packed was my clothes, food, and water.
Started at 9am, finished at 3.30pm. :'( and we were the last group to finish. NOOOO. Haha.
BUTT, i went all the way to the mountain, i was on top of the world! hahaha.

What I learned frm this trip: I hate compasses and map. :)

p/s : there was a lot cow poop everywhere, that's why it says holy cow :D

0 comments: